martes, 25 de agosto de 2009

To die--- To sleep

"To be," he said,
"or not to be?"
and I listened,
"That is the question."

Whether the thing is
being sane
or living insane
in a tangle of reason
I could still see
through my smoke-screened vision
the soft words
muttering through his lips.

"To die," he said,
"To sleep."
and I listened...
"No more..."

And in by sleep
we savor
the breathing saviour
that dreaming becomes
unless we awoke
to this less perfect circle.
And his words
are still slipping through his lips.

"To die," he said.
"To sleep,"
and I listened,
"perchance to dream."

For in that dream of death
you let things go
when you shuffle off
what life had cost,
yet dreaming death
does not solve all.
His soft, dark words
slipping through his lips.

"Who would these fardels bear,"
he said,
"To grunt and sweat under a weary life...?"
and I listened.

What is life but a dream
staring
into a dark abyss
of death and wonders,
of rain and hunger,
for new lights to be seen,
for new souls to exist,
and no more words
coming from those lips?

"To die," he said,
"To sleep"
and I listened.

Vamp Ikarus


"Thus conscience does make cowards of us all..."
-W. Shakespeare-
-Hamlet

No hay comentarios: